Search Engine Optimization & Submission
Have a nice looking site that nobody can find? Our SEO services make it easy for your site to be found on the internet through a variety of honest and ethical processes. We can also promote your site through a wide range of search engines and directories that will not only increase traffic to your site, but make it easier to find.
We currently offer the following ways to get you in the top search engines and bring traffic to your site.
The Search Engine Optimization Process
Websites designed by MCGWD are coded from the beginning for optimal performance of your targeted keywords and phrases in search engines. However, if your existing website needs a boost in search rankings we can revise it, or potentially even redesigning your site, to optimize it for the search engines.
The following tasks are performed during the SEO process, but are not limited to:
- Research your relevant keywords and phrases
- Incorporate keywords and keyword rich phrases into your copy
- Use semantic markup for a more search engine friendly website
- Use relevant
<meta>tags for each page
- Use keywords within link URLs and corresponding
- Use relevant keywords within image
- Use CSS to separate content from presentation when possible
- Add text link navigation to all internal pages
- Use text alternatives for Flash content, audio and other media files
- Fix and validate HTML code errors and remove unnecessary tags
- Provide a sitemap and a robots.txt file
- Create an XML sitemap and submit it to the major search engines
Notice: If we design your site there is no charge for the above services as all the information will be coded into your site.
Search Engine Submissions
Research has shown that 92% of websites are found directly through search engines. All submissions are performed manually.
Major Search Engines & XML Sitemaps
We will create an XML sitemap and manually submit your site and/or sitemap to the following top search engines for $35. If we design your site there is no charge for this service.
Open Directory Project (DMOZ):
The largest human edited directory on the internet. Users of this directory include AOL Search, Alexa, Netscape Search, Snap, etc. We will submit your site to the ODP** for just $15.
Other Online Advertising
In addition to SEO, you may want to consider paid submission programs or PPC (pay-per-click) advertising. A few examples include:
To find out more about these types of advertising, please contact us.
Tips for Gaining Free Traffic:
Don’t forget to add your website’s URL to the next batch of business cards, brochures and local advertising you are already printing for your business. Make sure to tell all your contacts; word-of-mouth can be just as valuable as any ad campaign. Also ask others who have sites to link to you. They not only may provide some visitors but it will increase your link popularity with the search engines, resulting in higher rankings. Also, be sure to inform all associations you are affiliated with about your website.
* Prices for certain search engines are subject to change without notice. Listings between search result partners may also change without notice.
** If your site has been accepted into the Open Directory, it may take anywhere from 2 weeks to several months for your site to be listed on partner sites which use the Open Directory data as each engine has their own update schedule.
Please Note: It usually takes approximately 8 to 12 weeks to notice new traffic generated from SEO. There is also no guarantee of acceptance or turnaround time for search engine submissions.